Salary - Band 6 (SCP 21-25) £20,653 pro rata (£11.99 per hour)
Closing date - Monday 4th June 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 13th AM or Thursday 14th PM June 2018
Job Start Date: Monday 3rd September 2018
Hours Per Week 30 per week. Term Time Only. Working hours are set as 08:30 – 15:30 Monday - Friday
Bramble Infant School & Nursery are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Cover Supervisor to join our team. With a recently appointed new Headteacher the school and nursery is on an exciting journey to become a beacon of excellence for EYFS and KS1 education in a unique setting that educates from 0 – 7 years old.
The successful candidate will cover teachers in the school (Year R to Y2) for leadership release time and during class teacher PPA time. Under the professional oversight and with the supervision of a suitably qualified and experienced teacher you will be responsible for:
- classroom cover supervision - including responding to pupils’ questions and generally help pupils undertake activities and achieve learning outcomes.
- planning and preparing lessons/learning activities and delivering these in either a subject specialism or key stage of the national teaching and learning curriculum to a whole class.
- recording and reporting on development progress and attainment.
- managing and supervising pupil behaviour.
We can offer you:
- Friendly, happy children who love to learn
- Supportive staff and a strong community feel
- Good quality professional development to improve your own practice
We are looking for:
- An experienced EYFS and KS1 practitioner with whole class teaching experience (The post would suit an experienced HLTA or a teacher looking for a stepping stone back into education)
- Someone who is keen to learn and wants to make a difference
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact the Business Manager on 023 9282 8604.
Completed application forms can be returned by hand to the School Office addressed to the Business Manager or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bramble Infant School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required prior to any offer of employment.