Reference number - 1622 - 1979
Location - Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth
Salary - £20,653 - £23,866 p.a.
Job type/hours - Fixed Term Contract/Secondment for 1 year - 37 hours per week
Closing date - 24th April 2018
Interviews - 30th April 2018
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to promoting quality childcare across the City that works to improve outcomes for children. Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures
What is the role?
Reporting to the Team Leader for Information and Performance, and working closely with the Management Information Officers, you will support the Service Performance Development Team in providing timely and accurate data to inform strategic decision making, and indirectly help contribute to positive outcomes for the children and young people open to Children's Social Care and Safeguarding.
The post holder will provide data support in relation to:
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, regularly running data outputs from Business Objects (Desktop Intelligence)
- Assisting with national Children's Social Care government annual returns
- Managing the monthly reporting cycle for Children's Social Care (running existing pre-written reports)
- Producing and assisting with ad-hoc data requests
The post holder will be required to assist with and produce regular and bespoke reports to meet the needs of the service and its managers. They will also need to utilize their strong excel skills to ensure reports are correct and that deadlines are met.
Who is the person?
You will need:
- To be qualified to at least NVQ level 3 or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Strong reconciliation skills and the ability to identify and investigate discrepancies
- A high level of attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is key to being successful in this role
- Advanced skills in using Excel to manipulate, analyse and present data (PIVOT Tables, Formulae, Graphs, etc).
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex data;
- Knowledge and understanding of the security requirements for the transmission of data and information between partners and stakeholders;
- To understand the importance of confidentiality and data protection responsibilities;
- To be able to work with a variety of professionals and senior managers in the council and other organisations;
- Good communication skills;
- Good team work skills;
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines;
- To be proactive and solution focused.
- Have the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English
Advantageous to have:
- Previous Children's Social Care experience, especially with regards to the 'CCM' case management system.
- A knowledge of relational database theory and SQL skills
- Previous experience of Business Objects Desktop Intelligence