Reference number - 1775-2182
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - Band 4 £17,403 - £18,413 p.a.pro rata
Job type/hours - 37 Hours per week - Term Time Only
Closing time/date, midday on the 18th of July 2018
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Interviews will be held on 23rd of July 2018
The Education Service oversees all of the schools in the city as well as looking after the range of learning opportunities available in Portsmouth from pre-school children to age 25. There are 2 service areas including, Sufficiency, Participation and Resources and the Inclusion Service.
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Reporting to the Business Manager or Business Support Team Leader for Education, this is a varied role providing administrative support as part of a pooled resource for the 2 service areas.
Specific duties include:
- Providing administrative business support for service teams.
- Booking appointments and arranging meetings.
- Administer training courses/events and conferences - including compiling of resources.
- Carrying out all necessary word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation duties.
- Dealing with all correspondence, including confidential information.
- Data entry using bespoke systems e.g., ONE, CCM etc.
- Processing reports.
- Placing orders for good and services and dealing with invoices.
- Processing travel claims.
- Scanning and indexing of documents to the network.
- Dealing with telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
- Sorting post.
- Collecting and processing information and data.
General duties may include:
- Maintaining files and documentation.
- Processing applications/referrals.
- Updating PCC web and Intralink and other websites as appropriate.
- Compiling articles for bulletins/newsletters/rotas and booklets.
- Liaison with schools and other partners.
- Dealing with FOI requests
- Managing mobile phones for the directorate.
For a full job details please download the job profile at the bottom of the job page.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As part of any recruitment process, Portsmouth City Council collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Portsmouth City Council is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Completing and sending an application in for a vacancy is your consent for us to process your data for the purpose of recruitment. Your data is not used in any other way and you can withdraw your consent at any point in the recruitment process and we will destroy or delete your information.
For more detailed information on what we collect, how we use, store, delete data and your rights you can access a privacy statement on our Job board.