Reference number - 1711-2069
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £9,453 - £9,596 p.a. plus 7.5% shift allowance
Job type/hours - 21 hours per week working alternate weekends and may include bank holiday working
Closing time/date, 17:00, on the 30th of May 2017
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Interviews will take place week commencing the 4th of June 2018
Are you interested in people with dementia and want to help them to get the most out of life? Then we are looking for people like you who have the enthusiasm and passion to join our team. We provide person centred care to our clients and help to encourage independence as part of enabling them to make choices and live their own lives as much as they can and we encourage activity based care.
We will support you and train you, we are very proud of our comprehensive training programme.
Hilsea Lodge in Hilsea, is a thirty- five bed residential unit providing services for adults with a diagnosis of dementia. The unit provides long- term accommodation and facility for care.
What is the purpose of Adult Social care from a service user perspective?
Help me, when I need it, to live the life I want to live
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
- To maintain a clean kitchen environment including floors, surfaces and store cupboards and areas.
- Cleansing of all equipment and defrosting and cleaning of refrigerators and freezers.
- Using prescribed cleaning materials as required.
- Washing up of cooking utensils and crockery.
- Food preparation under direction of Cook.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
1. Knowledge of cleaning products and their usage.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Familiarity with a range of dietary requirements.
4. Good organisational skills and be able to practice good stock control.
5. A willingness to participate in training and team meetings.
6. The ability to keep accurate up-to-date records.
7. The ability to identify risk and report as necessary.
8. An understanding of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policy
Portsmouth Local Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.