Reference number - 1676-2023
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - Teacher's Pay & Conditions - salary paid according to qualifications and experience
Job type/hours - Fixed Term Contract from 3rd September 2018 - 31st August 2019 4.75 hours per week on a Tuesday
Closing date - 12:00 noon on the 25th of May 2018
Applications received after this may not be considered
Interviews will be held on 5th of June 2018
What is the role?
Your responsibilities will include:
- teaching brass to individual pupils, small groups and whole classes
- planning, assessing and liaising with school staff
- collecting, processing, managing and reporting on pupil data
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Be an experienced brass teacher
- Be a high quality brass performer
- Have experience of teaching in school settings
- Have experience of teaching large groups
- Be able to work to deadlines and be self-motivated
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be flexible
- Be willing to support Music Hub events
Send us your details including:
- Your full education history from secondary school, please include name and address of establishment, details of relevant qualifications and awarding body. Please explain any gaps. This is a legal requirement for this role.
- Your full work history, explaining any gaps. Including employers name, address, dates from and to and reasons for leaving. This is a legal requirement for this position.
- Confirmation of GTC Registration and DCSF reference number.
- Please provide details of two referees including your current/last employer (if currently unemployed). If you are not currently working with children but however have done so in the past the references should include these employers, please do not use relatives as either professional or personal referees.
Our recruitment process will include an observation of a brass lesson, a prepared performance piece and interview. Should you be shortlisted we will, in the first instance, contact you by phone to inform you of the next stage, we will at that point discuss with you if there are any disabilities or conditions we need to be aware of.
Portsmouth Local Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to promoting quality childcare across the City that works to improve outcomes for children.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.