Reference number - 1611 - 1972
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £6,854 - £7,055 p.a.
Job type/hours - 15 hours per week Sat - Sun 07:30 - 15:30
Closing date - 7th May 2018
Interviews - 10th May 2018
Local Authority Housing Clean City Services
This is a lone working mobile cleaning round cleaning various public convenience sites as directed, and other public convenience duties as required.
What is the role?
- The role is primarily servicing the Public Conveniences, but may include other Property and Housing owned or managed sites and services including schools, libraries, office premises and other open space
- The service currently operates between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. 7 days per week 365 days per year. A variety of shifts and hours are available and you will need to be flexible to cover different hours as the service may need you to cover leave and other unplanned absence
- Shift patterns and hours of attendance may be subject to change to suit the demands of the service and to reflect changes to operating hours as the service grows or contracts
- The role involves carrying out a range of cleaning tasks in order to meet the purpose of the service. This includes but is not limited to; litter-picking, mopping/scrubbing of floors, walls and other hard surfaces; cleaning of windows, dusting and the cleaning of sanitary-ware (WC's Urinals and Bowls/Sinks) including unblocking as necessary. Removal and disposal of drug paraphernalia Inc. syringe needles.
- Replenishing of stock/tissue
- The reporting of repairs and anti-social behaviour issues e.g. finding drug and alcohol paraphernalia, obscene graffiti and vandalism
- The opening/locking of Public Conveniences and other premises including parks, gardens and cemeteries when required.
- Providing an attendant service at our attended sites at Clarence Esplanade or the D-Day Museum Coach/Car Park
- Specialist cleaning, such as steaming, and jet washing and using other mechanical equipment e.g. floor buffing/polishing machines full training will be given.
- Ensuring availability and safe use of the facilities and dealing with or reporting any Health and Safety concerns as they arise
Who is the person?
- You need to hold a full driving licence with no more than penalty 3 points. You will be traveling from site to site using a PCC provided vehicle
- You need to be able to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Cleaning experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- You will need to have good communication skills as you will be representing the council and in direct contact with members of the public in what can sometime be challenging situations
- Be flexible and adaptable to change as you may be required to cover different shift patterns and rounds as the service needs, including evenings weekends and bank holidays
- Be physically fit and able to carry out both internal and external cleaning in all weather