Reference number - 1587-2044
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £27,668 to £30,152 p.a.
Job type/hours - Permanent, full-time (37 hours per week)
Closing time/date - There is no closing date as we will interview when suitable candidates are found.
What is the role?
We need a passionate and enthusiastic front end web developer to join our digital customer experience team, to design, develop and test the council's website, accessed by over 100,000 unique users per month. The role will also play a key role in delivering a number of exciting digital projects across the council.
Who is the person?
Reporting into the digital customer experience manager, the post holder will be customer centric and excited by transitioning data insight into actionable development, which combined will continually evolve the user experience for the council's residents.
Working closely with the graphic design team, the post holder will be responsible for communicating UI design briefs and will have excellent knowledge of developing websites built on Wordpress, other open source CMS and third party platforms.
The post holder will work closely developing the council's customer experience platform, Firmstep, accessible to over 200,000 of Portsmouth's residents.
The digital customer experience developer will have strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with key stakeholders at all levels and translate requirements into functional specifications and development plans.
What you must have:
- You will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or an appropriate relevant professional qualification and proven experience in a similar role
- You will have significant proven front end development experience building high-traffic websites
- You will have advanced knowledge and experience of buildings websites on Wordpress, other open source CMS and third party platforms.
- You will have knowledge and experience of developing apps.
- You should be up to the challenge of making websites interactive, easy to use and accessible across all devices
- You will have experience of responsive design and developing for multiple browsers and devices with a strong focus on customer centricity
- You will have the ability to debug front-end website issues using the inspector tool, comfortable working independently and proactive in solving any issues and bugs you encounter
- You will be able to run with existing digital projects and pick up new challenges, with the ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and manage competing priorities to deliver to deadlines
- You will have strong clean code writing skills with a high attention to detail
- You will have experience and technical knowledge of managing and maintaining a number of domains
- You will have an interest in learning about developing new and emerging technologies and frameworks to ensure the future proofing of the council's digital presence
- You will have an understanding of accessibility principals, with a broad knowledge of WCAG and DDA technical standards
- You will have knowledge of User Acceptance Testing principals and processes to ensure your quality of work is delivered to a high standard and provides a consistent user experience
- You will have working knowledge of design software like Adobe Photoshop and be able to effectively communicate ideas in writing and verbally, influencing key stakeholders at all levels