If you are currently training to be a teacher, recently completed your training, or have part-completed your induction period and are keen to find the best place to start your career, then Portsmouth Local Authority can offer all the support needed to undertake your induction year and provide you with the chance to use your skills and knowledge to achieve your potential.
Newly qualified teachers can submit their details to the Recruitment Team to be included on a secure list both primary and secondary schools can access. Schools contact you directly if they have a suitable vacancy and ask if you wish to apply.
To register on the NQT list email email@example.com with the following details:
- Name and address, including postcode
- Phone number
- ITT provider (University, school etc)
- Course Undertaken (for example PGCE, B.Ed, Schools Direct)
- Primary Teachers: Preferred year group(s) to teach
- Secondary Teachers: Subject specialism(s)
- Please state how you found out about the NQT list. Which website if via the internet?
If you have any queries regarding the NQT recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Team on 023 9284 1242.
NQTs can also apply directly to posts advertised on the website. Please follow the link to view our current teaching vacancies.
From outside the area? Want to know more about living and working in Portsmouth? Visit www.teachportsmouth.co.uk to find out more about what Portsmouth and its schools can offer.