Location - Southsea Noah’s Ark Nursery
Salary - £5.90 – £7.83 per hour depending on age (National Minimum Wage)
Job type/hours - 0 – As and when required - Monday-Friday to cover nursery opening times 8am to 6pm on a rota basis
Closing date - This is a rolling advert and candidates will be shortlisted on a monthly basis
Interview date: TBC monthly
The Noah’s Ark Day Nursery provides a caring, learning environment for 34 children aged from 3 months to 4 years. The Nursery Nurse will take responsibility for a key group of children, planning activities to facilitate their progress and development.
Key Responsibilities:The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We are seeking a creative team player with lots of initiative and motivation.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate
:• GCSE’s grade C+ including English and Maths.
• Paediatrics first aid is an essential requirement
• You will already possess a NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Childcare, have a good working knowledge of EYFS and a sound understanding of child development and behaviour.
• A comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures such as Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and Food Hygiene will be an asset, as will the ability to use your own initiative.
• With good communication skills, you should also have a genuine desire to provide a high standard of care for children with the enthusiasm to create fun-filled activities.
• A friendly and courteous manner and an understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army are essential.Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the UK
Enhanced DBS Check
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website:www.salvationarmy.org.uk/jobs
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace