Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £17,160 p.a (£8.25 per hour)
Job type/hours - Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
Closing date - Sunday 29 April 2018
Interview date - Tuesday 3 May 2018
Monday – Friday - rota syste
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme
The room leader will support the Nursery Manager to lead the staff team to deliver high quality childcare, ensuring that the setting runs in accordance with The Salvation Army Policies and Operational Procedures to ensure that every child’s learning, safety and happiness is central to the work at the centre.
Provide a secure, friendly, responsive, flexible and effective setting to meet the needs of local families.
To support the Nursery Manager with the day-to-day management of the service with specific responsibility for ensuring the safe, compliant and quality assured delivery of the OFSTED Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- GCSE’s grade C+ including English and Maths.
- Paediatrics first aid is an essential requirement
- You will already possess a NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Childcare, have a good working knowledge of EYFS and a sound understanding of child development and behaviour.
- A comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures such as Safeguarding, Health and Safety, and Food Hygiene will be an asset, as will the ability to use your own initiative.
- With good communication skills, you should also have a genuine desire to provide a high standard of care for children with the enthusiasm to create fun-filled activities.
- A friendly and courteous manner and an understanding of the mission of The Salvation Army are essential.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the UK enhanced DBS Check
Promoting equality in the workplace