Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £28,005 per annum
Job type/hours - 39 hours per week
Closing date - Monday 11th June
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Nursery Manager with a difference within our charity based in Portsmouth. The Roberts Centre enjoys a reputation for its work with families and children and has achieved national recognition for its high quality services in the areas of Homelessness, Parenting and Childcare.
If you have a proven track record of managing a Good or Outstanding OFSTED graded Nursery and feel ready to take the next step on the management ladder, we have just the role for you.
We are looking for someone to take our Ofsted graded ‘Good’ nursery to ‘Outstanding’ but who is also ready to take on management of additional projects such as our Play scheme for children currently residing in our temporary accommodation.
This exciting opportunity requires a unique individual with both staff and nursery management experience, as well as a good working knowledge of family centred support work. You will be a qualified nursery practitioner with excellent communication skills and be someone who embraces change.
You will be required to work as a team member, with managerial responsibilities, in a busy, demanding environment. This role would ideally suit someone who is looking to further develop their leadership and management skills and broaden their scope of experience.
You will have:
- A professional qualification e.g. Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce (early years management ), Level 3 Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy - Birth to Seven (Early Years Educator), Foundation Degree or HND in an early years related subject or a Degree in early years, childcare, child development or related subject.
- At least two years proven track record as a Manager of a good or outstanding nursery.
- Line management experience. Able to manage and develop staff
- A working knowledge of the Children’s Act and EYFS.
- First-hand experience of an OFSTED inspection from a leadership perspective.
- A commitment to, and an understanding of, Equality and Diversity issues
- A firm knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and the procedures to follow.
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable children and families
You will be a driven individual who shares our values and who has the passion to help us to improve the lives of Children and Families.
The successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Disclosure (DBS). Disclosure expense will be met by The Roberts Centre.
Assessments & Interviews: Tuesday 19th June