Job details

Reference number - 1334-2125

Location - Portsmouth

Salary - details in main page

Job type/hours - fixed term/secondment opportunity 37 hours per week

Closing date - midnight 1 July 2018

Personal Advisor - Fixed Term Contract/Secondment for up to 2 years due to funding

Salary: £23,866 - £28,221 p.a. with a 7.5% enhancement for working evenings and weekends

Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to promoting quality childcare across the City that works to improve outcomes for children.

DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.

You will be responsible for engaging with approximately 10 young people aged 16 - 25 who are in or moving on from residential care.  You will support young people emotionally and practically to move into 'Staying Close' provision assisting them in developing and /or strengthening all the skills necessary for independent living. There is an expectation that young people are assisted into appropriate education or training programmes or supported into employment. You will have a positive  and nurturing approach and be expected to use a range of therapeutic and restorative  interventions with guidance from a CAHMs worker.

Post holders will be expected to work flexibly at times that meet the needs of young people who you are working with. This includes morning and evening work and also weekend work.

The role will be key to improving emotional resilience and self-esteem and optimising opportunities for young people to progress, reduce harmful behaviours and achieve positive outcomes.

Interview date 6th July 2018 

For the full job profile, plus instructions on how to apply please see the attachments.

How to apply

You can apply by post or email. Please see the 'How to apply' document below.