- Put your rubbish or recycling bin out at the edge of your property, where it meets the pavement or on the pavement. Make sure it's easily accessible and not behind a gate or a wall. Your recycling bin should have the handle facing outwards.
- If you live in a flat, all you need to do is put your black sacks in your shared rubbish bin and it will be collected from there.
- To stop cats and foxes getting to your rubbish use strong rubbish sacks, or use a regular round dustbin.
- Rubbish and recycling can be collected at any time between 7am and 4pm. Make sure it's put out before 7am, or after 8pm the night before so as not to miss your collection.
- If you have followed the guidelines above, and find that your rubbish hasn't been collected by 4pm, please tell us within 48 hours by completing a missed collection form.
If you have trouble putting your bin out due to physical limitations, please complete our online enquiry form to request an assisted collection.
For information on how to put out items not included as part of your rubbish or recycling collection, follow the links below: