We work with primary, secondary and special schools implementing effective strategies to improve teaching and learning.
Education Officers work with Portsmouth infant, junior, primary and special schools. Three externally commissioned Education Officers provide support to Portsmouth secondary schools.
Our priorities are to:
- improve achievement at the end of each key stage
- improve learning and pupil progress across key stages
- improve self-evaluation to reduce weaknesses in the quality of education provided by all schools
- strengthen school leadership at all levels including school governance
We work with school staff and governing bodies providing:
- monitoring, review, evaluation
- tracking of pupil attainment and progress
- local authority statutory responsibilities
For more information email email@example.com
Education Improvement is in the Children, Families and Learning Directorate of Portsmouth City Council based at the Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2EA.