Following the government's coronavirus advice, which includes avoiding social contact, Portsmouth City Council has taken the sensible precaution to protect the public by reducing non-essential council services.
During this time if you wish to apply for a new disabled person's bus pass please scan or take pictures of your entitlement documentation, and attach them in an email to email@example.com with a contact telephone number.
If you have any questions please contact 023 9268 8575.
You can apply for a disabled person's bus pass by emailing your scanned/photographed documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact telephone number.
You will need to include proof that you live in Portsmouth (such as a council tax bill, housing benefit, rent book, electoral registration or utility bill), and a passport-quality colour photograph. You will also need to provide proof of disability, such as:
- Attendance allowance
- Disability Living Allowance with a mobility component
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) where the applicant has been awarded at least eight points or more for the PIP 'Moving Around' and 'Communicating Verbally' activities
- Award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1-8 under the 2005 Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement (WPMS) under the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
- Letter from the DVLA giving notice of long term refusal or withdrawal of driving license on medical grounds, (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme)
- A mental health healthcare professional's standard NHS exclusion letter containing their contact details
- Blue badge
- Registration with social care (yellow card)
If you think you are eligible, but don't have any of the documents, please email email@example.com. If you do not have access to email please ask a family member or friend to send the email and information. You should start your email with 'Sent on behalf of (your name)'.
Applications may take slightly longer to process due to limited resources, however your bus pass will be posted to you and can be used straight away. Should you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.