A free shuttle bus service will be operating from Friday 25 to Sunday 27 August to connect Victorious Festival-goers travelling on the Hayling Ferry with the main bus network.
Cllr Simon Bosher, Portsmouth City Council's Cabinet Member for Traffic & Transportation, said: "The Victorious Festival attracts tens of thousands of people to Portsmouth and we always encourage them to use sustainable transport. Providing this shuttle bus give festival goers another viable option by connecting the Hayling Ferry with the commercial bus network."
A 16 seater mini bus will operate a shuttle service between the ferry terminal and Eastney Road (Bransbury Park) every 20 minutes from 4pm on Friday and 9am on the weekend. Passengers can choose to walk or catch the number 1 First bus to the festival site.
The return shuttle buses will operate every twenty minutes from Bransbury Park until the number 1 bus stops running. It will then collect passengers directly from outside the Pyramids, departing every 20 minutes from 11.20pm on Friday and Saturday and 8.20pm on Sunday until 11.40pm.
Passengers are advised to leave plenty of time as it will be operated on a first-come-first-served basis and only 16 passengers will be able to board the final bus. The shuttle bus is free of charge but passengers must show a valid Hayling Ferry ticket.
Colin Hill, managing skipper of the Hayling Ferry, said: "It's brilliant that Portsmouth City Council has once again stepped in to close the final link to help our passengers to travel to and from the Victorious Festival by public transport. We look forward to a busy weekend on the ferry."
For more information about the Hayling Ferry visit www.haylingferry.net.To find out about connecting bus times visit www.traveline.info
Conditions of travel:
- Passengers must show the driver a valid Hayling Ferry ticket to travel on the minibus
- Passengers will be transported on a first come, first served basis
- Passengers will only be able to get off the bus at Hayling ferry or Bransbury Park
- Portsmouth City Council and Pete's Airlink will not be held liable for any missed transport connections
- No eating and drinking on the vehicle
- Passengers are to behave accordingly and not distract the driver
- Anyone deemed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be transported at the driver's discretion
- No-one under the age of 11 must travel in the front seats of the vehicle