Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
A public roadshow across Portsmouth will give people the opportunity to engage with the proposed plans for Tipner West. The six week schedule will see the project team host events around the city, providing more detailed information about how it will look and feel to live, work and visit there in the future.
Cllr Gerald Vernon-Jackson, Leader of Portsmouth City Council said, "The details in our plans for Tipner West have further progressed and the project team is very excited to share them with the people of Portsmouth. We are going to display information in a visual and interactive way and we are encouraging anyone with an interest in Portsmouth to come and engage with this tremendous development."
Plans for Tipner West, including a car-free community, have already received national media coverage and interest from developers and investors. Portsmouth City Council are engaged with a wide range of stakeholders, including environmental agencies.
The roadshow schedule is as follows:
- Port Solent: 30 January, 8am-7pm
- Pyramids: 3 February, 8am-7pm
- Lake Side: 11 February, 8am-7pm
- Mountbatten Leisure Centre: 13 February, 8am-7pm
- Stacey Community Centre: 19 February, 8am-7pm
- Somerstown Community Centre: 26 February, 9am-6pm
- Cosham Community Centre: 28 February, 9am-7pm
- Paulsgrove Community Centre: 4 March, 8am-5.30pm
More information about Tipner West can be found on the Tipner West website and updates will continue via the council's social media platforms.