Commercial Road, Palmerston Road And Cosham High Street Pedestrian Precincts
Permits will be issued to street entertainers giving the Council's consent to busk at designated areas subject to conditions. These conditions will apply to all holders of Street Entertainment Permits and the Council may also impose further special conditions if considered appropriate.
It is the entertainer(s)' responsibility to familiarise himself or themselves with the conditions regulating street entertainment. Permits will be withdrawn should any entertainer fail to comply with the conditions or any reasonable request made by officers of the Council. Occupation of a designated area is on a "booking" basis only and entertainers must vacate such areas if a charitable or other organisation has authority from the Council to operate at the authorised areas.
Conditions regulating street entertainment In Portsmouth
- "The Council" shall mean Portsmouth City Council.
- "The Entertainers" shall mean the performer(s) named in the application form who are authorised by the Council to provide entertainment.
- "The Street Entertainment Permit" shall mean the Street Entertainment permit issued by the Council.
A Street Entertainment Permit entitles the Entertainers to provide street entertainment in the area authorised subject to these conditions.
- The Street Entertainment Permit shall be clearly displayed at all times.
- The Entertainers shall not perform and shall vacate from an authorised area if a charitable or other organisation has authority from the City Council to operate from or at an authorised area.
- If an area is not occupied by a charitable or other organisation authorised by the City Council, the Entertainers may occupy an authorised areas for the purposes of providing entertainment.
- The entertainment provided shall not contain any racist, sexist, lewd, indecent or offensive material.
- No amplification equipment or electric lighting shall be used without the permit holder first telling us of the proposed use of such equipment.
- No fire or fireworks shall be used by the Entertainers.
- No seating shall be provided or used by the Entertainers without the prior written consent of the Council.
- No objects, structure or stages shall be used without the prior written consent of the Council.
- No vehicles shall be parked in the Pedestrian Precincts or used in connection with the entertainment, without prior written consent.
- No entertainment shall be provided which is or forms part of a commercial promotion.
- All litter caused due to the provision of the entertainment shall be collected by the Entertainers.
- The Entertainers shall ensure that any audience shall not cause an obstruction, nuisance or breach of any byelaw or other laws.
- The Entertainers shall comply with all requests of the Police or Officers of the City Council. If any of these conditions are not complied with the Entertainers may be moved on and may be liable to prosecution.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Entertainers if money is collected for a charitable or other purpose within Section 5 of the Police Factories etc (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916 to obtain the necessary street collection permit from the Council before making any collection.
- The Council reserves the right to withdraw Street Entertainment Permits from Entertainers who fail to comply with these conditions.
- The Entertainers shall keep the Council indemnified from and against all proceedings, costs, expenses, and liabilities whatsoever which may be taken or made against or incurred by the Council in respect of any damage to or loss or injury to any person (including injuries resulting in death) or property howsoever caused or arising out of the negligence of the Entertainers whilst providing street entertainment in Portsmouth.
- The Entertainers shall pay such reasonable fee for the grant or renewal of the Permit (and lost permits) as may be determined by the City Council.
- The Entertainers shall be aged 17 or over.