Portsmouth City Council's school library service is dedicated to providing library services for city schools, including books to borrow or buy, training and advice to support school staff, and annual events.
With over 25,000 books on our shelves we have probably the biggest collection of children’s books in the area, catering for all age groups from early years through to key stage 4. We offer books to tempt the most reluctant readers and to extend the more able.
Books borrowed from Portsmouth school library service now come fitted with Accelerated Reader (AR) information grids and spine dots, and we are also able to advise schools on integrating AR information into their library catalogue effectively. We can help with:
- Library planning, improvement planning and policy creation
- Stock work and development
- Statistical reports on library performance to inform self-evaluation
- Library shelving and layout advice
- Library staff recruitment and training
- Computerised library management systems
- Advice on reader development initiatives, book events and author visits
Teachers and school library staff are welcome to visit the school library service centre and select books. Our friendly, well-informed staff are always ready to help you choose.
The school library service centre is at Beacon View Primary Academy, Cheltenham Road, PO6 3PL (please use PO6 3PY with a satnav).
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 023 9232 6612.