If you can't find what you're looking for when you visit the library, or what you want is in another Portsmouth library, then we will try and get it for you. Reservations for items in stock are free. To reserve an item:
- pop into your local library and speak to a member of staff
- phone your library to make a reservation
- using your PIN, place a reservation on the online catalogue. (if you don't have a PIN, library staff can arrange one for you)
Items we don't stock in the city libraries we will try to find elsewhere for you, but this may take longer. The usual charge for interlibrary loans is £4.50, which you pay when you collect your item. You can request:
- journal articles (can be uploaded to your email address, if you have Adobe 6 or higher)
- conference proceedings
- orchestral sets (additional charges apply - check with library staff)
- vocal scores (additional charges apply - check with library staff)
- play sets (additional charges apply - check with library staff).
We don't borrow DVDs and CDs from outside Portsmouth, but it's still worth requesting titles because we may buy them. We will let you know if we decide not buy. We no longer accept requests for theses and dissertations.