Business Information in Portsmouth Central Library provides books to help you start or run a business, information on products, the law and starting your own business.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Business information held in Central Library
You can also find the following sources of business information including:
|Business in general
- Acts of Parliament (statutes), regulations (statutory instruments)
- Integrated Tariff of the United Kingdom, which covers duties and measures affecting the import, export and transit of goods
- laws around employment, contracts, intellectual property and health & safety
- the Monthly Digest of Statistics and the Economic & Labour Market Review
Business Information in Central Library can also provide anyone wanting to start up your business in Portsmouth with books and information on management and employment, business plans, bookkeeping and finance, or running a particular business - such as a pub or a nursery.
Understanding intellectual property
Intellectual property lets people own the work they create, whether it's a song you compose, jewellery you design or the name you call your business.
Portsmouth Central Library is part of PATLIB UK, an alliance of libraries supporting inventors and entrepreneurs with specialist patent and intellectual property information and services. We can provide help searching databases or printed materials, as well as access:
- online patents, designs and trademarks from 1900s onwards
- books and leaflets on applying for IP and legal aspects of copyright
You will need to book an appointment for the patent service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UK Intellectual Property Office can help you get the right intellectual protection for your creation or invention, be it patent, design, trademark or copyright.
Useful links about different aspects of business
New businesses might like to consult:
There is more support for businesses in Portsmouth on the council's business pages.