The Portsmouth leisure card entitles residents to discounts at Portsmouth City Council facilities as well as some other services.
Applying for a leisure card is free - they are available to residents that receive means-tested benefit within PO1 to PO6 areas.
You can enjoy sports centres, swimming pools, golf, museums, city arts, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Royal Marines Museum and the Blue Reef Aquarium. Please note that discounts vary - a complete listing will be sent to you when you receive your Leisure Card.
The leisure card is valid for 12 months and it is your responsibility to apply for a renewal when the current card expires.
How to apply for a leisure card
To apply for a leisure card please complete an application form, available from your local library, community centre, housing office or Civic Offices reception. The form is also available to download and print from the documents section below.
Please take your completed form with proof of benefits to be checked at a local library, housing office or the Civic Offices. We will then post your leisure card to you.
If you are unable to collect or print a form, please phone 023 9283 4171.
- Income support
- Job seekers allowance
- Housing benefit
- Working Tax Credit (excludes Child Tax Benefit)
- Employment and support allowance (income related element only)
- Welfare to work (youth training)
- Council Tax Support (excludes statutory 25% single persons discount)
- Pension credit (guarantee credit element only)
- Foster carers (can apply through the council's social care department, family placement team)