Portsmouth City Council takes fire very seriously.
Anyone living in a tower block managed by the council should:
- let us know if you don’t have a hardwired fire alarm
- always let us in to do routine gas and electricity maintenance
- take care with lit cigarettes, candles and other naked flames
Download fire safety leaflets from Hampshire Fire & Rescue and the government.
Here are a few things to remember if you live in a blocks of flats or maisonette:
- keep communal areas clear of clutter
- don't smoke in communal hallways or lifts, or put cigarettes out on the floor
- don't keep gas bottles or similar in your flat or in the block.