Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Homeless Day Services
You should speak to Homeless Day Services if you are sleeping rough in Portsmouth. They may be able to book you a bed in the night bed service.
Homeless Day Services offer help to those over 18 who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of becoming homeless. This is part of the integrated recovery service in Portsmouth, and is run by the Society of St James (SSJ).
At the Homeless Day Services you can access:
- Laundry facilities
- A basic breakfast: every day including weekends, 8-11am
- A programme of group activities like cooking and budgeting: Monday to Friday 2-4pm
- Support with things like benefit claims, referrals for supported housing, budgeting, cooking, and access to healthcare services and substance misuse recovery treatment
The Homeless Day Services are:
- At Yew House, Milton Road, Portsmouth, PO3 6BA
- Open 7 days a week, 8am-4pm (no appointment necessary)
- Contactable on: email@example.com - 023 9288 2689
Food and help with financial difficulty
Concerned about someone else
If you are concerned about someone you think is sleeping rough, get in touch with StreetLink and provide some details so that local agencies can try to connect the person sleeping rough with the available help.