Homecheck is available to homeowners, council tenants, or tenants of a private or registered social landlord in properties where there are children under the age of five, or people that are physically disabled over the age of 60, or physically disabled.
|Children under five years old||People over 60 or physically disabled|
We can visit your home and check it for child safety hazards, as well as provide advice and safety equipment such as:
- Electric socket covers
- Cupboard and fridge locks
- Non-slip bath mats
- Corner cushions for furniture
- Door stoppers to prevent children trapping their hands
- Door and window locks
- For a small charge we can also supply and fit safety gates and fireguards
Safety equipment is not a substitute for parental supervision - children must be kept away from dangerous objects and situations.
We can check the safety and security of your home, offer advice and do repairs to make your house safer, including:
- Fixing a loose carpet
- Changing plugs and fuses to make your electrics safe
- Fitting door bolts, chains and extra locks to make your home more secure
- Raising electric wall sockets to make them more accessible
- For a small charge we can also supply and fit grab-rails, chair raisers and key safes
Draught-proof your home
The Homecheck team also offers draught-proofing free of charge for homes in Portsmouth where someone is over 60, under 5 or has a disability - it doesn't matter whether the house is owned or rented. Draught-proofing is one of the most efficient ways to save energy and money - we can supply and fit draught-proofing materials for doors, windows and letterboxes.
To arrange a free Homecheck visit please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 023 9283 4460.