The sensory team are able to help those who have problems with their hearing or sight. Common hearing problems that we can support with include:
- Finding it difficult to follow a conversation
- Complaints from family or neighbours about how loud you need to have your TV to hear it
- Trouble hearing/responding to your smoke alarm (especially when sleeping at night)
- Missing callers at the door or telephone because you couldn't hear them
Common visual problems we can help with include:
- Finding it difficult to read regular or large-print
- Trouble making a hot drink or using kitchen appliances
- Tripping or falling; bumping into people
- Trouble with the lighting around the home
- Struggling to identify your medication properly
Contact the sensory team for advice, support and equipment with any of the above and more. There is no referral process, and anyone can contact us including family, friends or neighbours. How much support we give you is up to you - if you only want advice, then we will be happy to help.
You can contact the sensory team by:
- Phoning 023 9268 0810 and asking to speak to the sensory team
- Texting 079 3180 6986 with your name and what you need help with.
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and what you need help with.
Our sensory team will be able to assess you, and can provide you with equipment to support your hearing or visual needs. We will deliver and install the equipment you need. They can also train you on how to manage with your hearing or visual needs more independently.
Before contacting our team we would advise you to have an updated eye test and a hearing check which can be arranged by your GP. If your glasses or hearing aids are still not enough please contact us for support.