Coronavirus: council service information and advice

Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus

Social workers help support families, children and young people with any problems they may have. A social worker works with children and young people who live with their parents, or with foster carers or other carers when they are unable to live at home. Social workers will work with other professional people (eg teachers, doctors) to ensure that they receive the right care at the right time, a good education and that they stay as healthy as possible.