Coronavirus: council service information and advice

Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus

This information is for children, young people and adults who have a complaint to make about children and families social care.

You may be:

  • in a children's home
  • with foster carers
  • in supported lodgings
  • in respite care
  • helped and supported by social care or a parent, carer or relative.

You can complain about anything that makes you unhappy, upset or angry. It is perfectly ok to complain, you will not get into any trouble. You can contact us in the following ways:

  • By phoning on 023 9284 1172
  • Calling the above number and asking to come in and see us
  • By sending an email to
  • By telling your advocate what the problem is
  • By writing to this address: The Complaints Manager for Social Care, Portsmouth City Council, 5th Floor, Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, PO1 2EP