Pest control at food premises is important because many pests carry diseases and can contaminate food with their waste, hairs and bodies.
To avoid problems, design your premises to prevent entry to pests and make regular checks to ensure your premises stay pest free - if you discover you have a problem, take prompt action to deal with it.
The following will help control pests:
- Make sure all external doors are close fitting
- Install fly screens over windows and doors, where necessary
- Install an electrically operated fly killer (position it carefully to ensure effective operation and without putting food at risk)
- Keep refuse areas clean and tidy. Provide properly fitted lids for bins and containers
- Avoid spillages and clean up immediately
- Store opened packages of dry goods in resealable containers
- Investigate the cause of damage to packaging
- Ensure good stock rotation
Contact us if you need pest control services - alternatively, there are a range of pest control companies which can be found locally.