Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Portsmouth Sustainability Action Group consists of major land owners and employers in the city, such as Portsmouth University, the ministry of defence, National Health Service, Gunwharf Quays, as well as voluntary groups, such as Portsmouth Climate Action Network and Friends of the Earth. The group is chaired by Portsmouth City Council to:
- lead on a co-ordinated approach to the mitigation and adaptation of climate change in Portsmouth
- advise member organisations on the mitigation and adaptation of climate change in Portsmouth
- provide a strategic overview of major projects carried out by member organisations addressing the mitigation and adaptation of climate change in Portsmouth
- take action within member’s own organisations to address climate change and reduce carbon emissions
- recommend the top priorities for the mitigation and adaptation of climate change in Portsmouth, and suggest and continually review possible resources to achieve them
- monitor and review the achievement of the agreed top priorities for the mitigation and adaptation of climate change in Portsmouth
- report to the city council Cabinet on the progress of achieving the identified top climate change priorities
- produce a coordinated carbon emissions reduction policy for Portsmouth in line with Government targets i.e 20% reduction in carbon emissions by 2010 and 60% reduction by 2050
- monitor and review the coordinated carbon emissions reduction policy and report to the Executive on progress
- produce guiding principles and common goals for all organisations in Portsmouth to reduce their carbon emissions.
To find out more about the action taken in Portsmouth, visit climate change - strategy priorities or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rate this page
'Rate this page' should only be used to submit feedback for a page. Please use the ' Contact us' page to report any issues.