Level 2 and Level 3 Apprentices, Roberts Day Nursery
City Centre, Portsmouth PO1 1HT
The Roberts Day Nursery is a safe and stimulating environment for children from birth to 5 years. We are open 51 weeks of the year from 8am to 6pm. The Nursery is open plan, with a secure garden, a multi- purpose sensory room and benefits from local amenities. Our experienced and dedicated staff are passionate about giving children the best learning and range of experiences possible. Staff treat all our children and their families with dignity, care and respect. From the point of induction we promote positive relationships between the child and their designated key person. Once settled this enables the children to feel secure within their environment where our highly trained staff plan quality and engaging activities that all children enjoy. Over the last year the nursery has provided care and education to 146 children. The Nursery is ideally located in Portsmouth City Centre with easy access routes in and out of the city.
We are seeking level 2 and level 3 apprentices to join our fantastic team. These are great opportunities for people who love working with children and would like to complete a qualification whilst gaining experience in a busy, friendly nursery environment. We are looking for someone who will be committed to provide a stimulating and fun atmosphere for children, promoting positive behaviour in children and encouraging the children to be as positive and independent as possible.
- To be flexible and willing to work closely with our senior nursery team and plan suitable activities for the age range of children in your group in conjunction with other group leaders. You will be responsible for a small group of key children.
- To be involved in assessing, observing and recording children’s achievements and meeting parents on parents meeting.
- To keep individual learning journals/care records up to date.
- To support all staff and engage in effective team work.
- To attend all out of work activities for example training, monthly staff meetings, parent/ carer evenings, sports day, graduation day.
- To be involved in food preparation such as snacks, meals and cleaning equipment.
- To keep an up to date record of accidents, ensuring the nursery is in compliance with the health and safety regulations
- To respect confidentiality of information received.
- To ensure that all of the children’s needs are met liaising and working with parents.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Claire Jolliffe (Nursery Manager).
Full/part time: Full-time
Salary range: £3.50 per hour
Closing date for applications: 12/03/2019
Applications must be submitted on an application form which can be obtained by contacting Claire Jolliffe (Nursery Manager) by email at Claire.email@example.com or over the phone on 023 9229 6919.
We are committed to safeguarding children and follow safe recruitment procedures. All appointments are subject to a minimum of two satisfactory references, an Enhanced DBS check and successful completion of an induction period.