Work on the Camber is almost done, and Land Rover BAR’s new home complete. This will be our final work update ahead of completion in October.
After a busy weekend with lots of excitement, we are very pleased to invite you to the final neighbourhood drop-in session, which will be held at BAR HQ on the flight deck on Tuesday 4 August from 6pm to 7pm. This will be a chance to hear from members of BAR and construction teams, to find out about remaining works and to ask BAR staff questions.
Please RSVP if you would like to come as numbers are limited and will be on a first come first served basis. To book a place for the final drop-in contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The internal fit-out of the building is on-going and will be for a few more weeks - just the external fabric wrap and some landscaping remains.
The internal fit-out of the building is now as good as complete, and any further work should have a very limited impact on residents. We still need to finish the external landscaping on the east elevation of the building, and this will take until the middle of September to properly complete with all plantings in place.
The final big job is the fabric ‘wrap’. Looking ahead, we have the following plan:
Week commencing 3 August
- Crane located in East Street for the first half of the week to complete steel work erection
- Two cherry pickers will be working first half of the week with the crane erecting steelwork on East Street
- Second half of the week the crane will move onto the apron with the two cherry pickers to commence steel erection on the NW corner of the building
- Two cherry picker machines will be working from the east elevation around onto the East Street elevation drilling aluminium track to the steelwork all week
Week commencing 10 August
- The crane and its 2 associated cheery pickers fixing steel will move to the north elevation.
- Two cherry pickers will be fixing aluminium on East Street.
- Two cherry pickers will be fixing aluminium track on the west elevation.
- Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift will be fixing the fabric wrap on the east elevation progressing south and onto East Street.
Week commencing 17 August
The crane and its associated cherry pickers will continue working on the north elevation on the low and high level steelwork.
Two cherry pickers will be drilling the aluminium track on the north-west curved section.
Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift will be working on the fabric installation on East Street working in a westerly direction and then will continue onto the north elevation.
One cherry picker will be installing the fabric roof on the east elevation.
Week commencing 24 August
- Crane and associated cherry pickers will be working on the north-east corner at the rear of the building erecting steelwork.
- Two cherry pickers will be installing aluminium track on the north elevation
- Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift will be installing fabric on the north-east corner section
- One cherry picker will be working on the roof section on East Street
Week commencing 1 September
- Two cherry pickers will be installing aluminium track to the north elevation
- Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift will be installing fabric on the north elevation at the west end
- One cherry picker will be installing the fabric roof section on the west elevation
- One cherry picker and 1 scissor lift will be working on the end closures outside the main entrance door on East Street and on the east elevation to the rear
- East Street elevation works complete by end of this week.
Week commencing 7 September
- Two cherry pickers working on north-east corner fixing aluminium track
- Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift installing fabric wrap to the middle of the north elevation
- One cherry picker fixing the fabric roof section to the west end of the north elevation
- One cherry picker and 1 scissor lift working on the fabric end section on the north elevation
Week commencing 14 September
- Two cherry pickers and 1 scissor lift working on the fabric wrap to north-east elevation
- One cherry picker working on the fabric roof to the remainder of the north elevation
- One cherry picker and 1 scissor lift completing the fabric end to the middle of north elevation
- North elevation completes by the end of this week
Week commencing 21 September
- One cherry picker working on the fabric roof section to the north-east corner at rear of building
- Work complete this week