Coronavirus: council service information and advice

Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus

If you or someone else is in immediate danger please call the police on 999. If you are unable to speak press 55. This will transfer your call for assistance without you having to speak.

If you’re worried about a child or young person suffering from harm or abuse, or see something that just doesn’t seem right, contact Portsmouth Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0845 671 0271 or 02392 688793 in office hours, or 0300 555 1373 out of office hours.

You can also call the @NSPCC helpline on 0808 800 5000 (8am-10pm Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm weekends) or email at any time. 

Visit the Portsmouth Safeguarding Children's Partnership website for more information.

Stop domestic abuse

Stop Domestic Abuse continues to accept referrals, however they're unable to offer any face to face support at the moment. For advice and support for anyone experiencing domestic abuse:

Out of hours social care

Support for professionals and the public outside of normal working hours with any social care issues:

  • 0300 555 1373 (Monday to Thursday, 5pm - 8.30am, Friday to Monday, 4.30pm - 8.30am).
  • If you are hard of hearing or deaf, please call 07465 205 102.

Keeping children safe online

There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:

Alcohol abuse

National Association for Children of Alcoholics (Nacoa) provides information, advice and support for everyone affected by a parent’s drinking. Visit the Nacoa website.

The Nacoa helpline will be open throughout the closure period: