Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Find out more about the Emergency Active Travel Fund on the new Travel Portsmouth website.
We have been awarded £214,515 from the Emergency Active Travel Fund to help improve cycling and walking in Portsmouth in response to the pandemic.
This funding is for temporary changes that must made quickly. For each project, we will contact people in the area ahead of the project going in to inform them of the scheme.
Due to the emergency nature of the projects, normal consultation process is not required. However, we will make sure people are informed and comments will be welcomed so that alterations can be made where possible.
The projects are regularly reviewed in line with changes in government guidance so that the temporary measures can be altered at the appropriate time.
If you have any comments or would like to find out more, please email EATF@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
Temporary emergency active travel projects
- Seafront road closures for vehicles - Increasing space for cycling and walking
- Isambard Brunel road closed to vehicles except buses and taxis - Increasing space to cycle that connects to current cycle routes
- Guildhall Walk road closed to vehicles - Increasing space to cycle that connects to current cycle routes
- Charlotte Street closed to vehicles - Increasing space to cycle that connects to current cycle routes
- Kings Road and Elm Grove - Pop-up segregated cycle lane
- Ordnance Row - Pop-up segregated cycle lane
- Languard Road, Maxwell Road, Reginald Road, Tredegar Road - Low traffic neighbour with a one-way in place, two-way cycling
- Canal Walk - Creating safe space to cycle and walk with filtered access
- Castle Road - Creating safe space to cycle and walk with filtered acces to Castle Road
- Eastern Parade - Safer walking route with the creation of temporary pedestrian crossings