Under the Small Business Grant Fund all businesses in England receiving small business rates relief with a rateable value of less than £15,000 will be eligible for a grant of £10,000. Details of your small business rates relief award can be found on your bill.
If you do not currently receive small business rates relief and think you may be eligible, the criteria is:
- Your rateable value on your main property is below £15,000
- If you occupy other rateable properties, their value must be below £2,900, and the combined value of all your rateable properties must be below £20,000.
Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme. Details of your rateable value are contained on your business rates bill, or can be found on Gov.UK.
Exclusions to Small Business Grant Fund
- Properties occupied for personal uses. Examples of where there may be personal use include private stables and loose boxes, beach huts and moorings.
- Car parks and parking spaces.
- For the avoidance of doubt, businesses which as of the 11 March were in liquation or were dissolved will not be eligible.
- Properties not eligible for small business rates relief
- Hereditaments with a rateable value of over £15,000
You can view a summary table of the grant here.
If you meet the eligibility criteria please complete the form to give us the information we need to process your grant.
Please be advised that by accepting the grant payment, you confirm that they are eligible for the grant scheme.
Guidance on this grant was published on 24 March 2020 by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy. To view this guidance, please visit Gov.UK.