If you want to report an incident of anti-social behaviour, the leaflet below called 'How to report anti-social behaviour and crime' has a list of useful phone numbers, as well as the information which is helpful to the authorities when reporting an anti-social behaviour incident. You can download the booklet below.

Here are some numbers for reporting an incident of anti-social behaviour:

  • contact the City Help Desk on 023 9268 8507
  • in an emergency situation call 999
  • in a non-emergency situation, but requiring police attention, call 101
  • call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

For all residents

Report graffiti, vandalism or fly-tipping using the 'Report' button at the top of each council webpage. 

Community wardens

Our team of Community Wardens are a friendly, approachable source of support and advice for all residents. They welcome reports of anti-social behaviour, as well as criminal damage, arson, noise and neighbour nuisance, fly tipping and more.

Follow the link above for contact details and further information.

Anti-social behaviour unit (ASBU)

This unit works to keep Portsmouth free from inappropriate behaviour. ASBU is a partnership with other organisations including Hampshire Constabulary, joining forces with city residents and partner agencies to reduce anti-social behaviour and create safer communities.

If you feel that you are experiencing anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood and would like to know what happens next, contact the City Help Desk on 023 9268 8507 or cityhelpdesk@portsmouthcc.gov.uk.

Supporting council tenants and leaseholders

Portsmouth City Council works closely with the area housing offices and other agencies so that residents can live peacefully and safely in their neighbourhoods. This includes helping housing staff to obtain evidence or by supporting witnesses.

How we deal with anti-social behaviour that affects, or is caused by, our tenants and leaseholders, is detailed in our anti-social behaviour policy, which you can download in the Documents section below.

You will also find a booklet called 'Anti-social behaviour - help available to council residents and leaseholders', which suggests a step-by-step approach to dealing with anti-social behaviour.

Rate this page