Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Portsmouth City Council receives several freedom of information (FOI) requests regarding non domestic rates. The details of previous requests can be found below, along with the Council's response.
Summary data for each type of request can also be found at the bottom of the page.
Non domestic rates property
The request asked for a list of all live business rates accounts with a 2010 list rateable value greater than or equal to £25,000 and the following information:
- Property reference number (also known as billing authority reference number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the rate demand or rate account number
- The business address and contact telephone number to which correspondence in respect of the property is sent (the account holder)
- Current rateable value upon which the charge is based, the business name of the party liable for the charge, the hereditament address, the liability start date or date of first account
- Where the property is currently subject to empty rates please provide the date it became empty. We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
This is a listing of all properties regardless of rateable value. Individuals are excluded. Correspondence address or telephone numbers are not provided - this is available from companies house or telephone directory. We are unable to provide a description but the valuation office analysis code is included. We do not disclose the account reference number.
Empty commercial properties
The request asked for a list of all the empty commercial properties within the council area, including the following information:
- Address, description of property, name of the owner, organisation or company, leaseholder and length of time the properties have been empty.
Where the ratepayer is an individual it has been excluded, we are unable to provide a description but valuation office analysis code is included, correspondence addresses are excluded - this information should be obtainable from companies house.
Relief on small businesses
The request asked for a list of all commercial property with a rateable value up to £18,000 and the following information:
- Address of the property & property reference. Please note that this is not the rate demand or rate account number
- Name of the ratepayer & occupancy date
- 2010 Rating list value
- Current rateable value upon which the charge is based, the business name of the party Type of the relief granted for 2013/14 i.e. empty property, small business rates relief, mandatory/discretionary relief.
Please note: Individuals are excluded. Correspondence address or telephone numbers are not provided - this is available from companies house or telephone directory. We do not disclose the account reference number.