Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Shaping the Future of Portsmouth is a strategy for economic growth and prosperity which was initiated by Portsmouth City Council and has inspired the formation of a broad coalition of businesses to take a lead on shaping the future of our city. This group of like-minded businesses and public organisations formed the Business Leaders Group and four targeted work streams which provide the goodwill, time and financial pledges to start the transformation of Portsmouth. The group functions under the banner of Shaping Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is changing fast, and more change is on the way, bringing more growth and prosperity for local people. The city is in line for a billion pounds worth of investment – bringing 16,000 new jobs, 5,000 new homes and a gigantic boost to its economy.
Over the next 12 months the business leaders have an ambitious programme of action and participation that support Portsmouth’s nineteen point regeneration plan. These include:
- A new Passion for Portsmouth website
- Regional Growth Fund 3 bid to follow success under round 2
- City Prospectus to be published
- The second annual Opportunities Fair
- Publish the marketing and communications plan for Portsmouth
- City wide maths improvement scheme
- Development of the Portsmouth Ambassadors
- ‘Bridging the Gap’ and ‘Accelerator’ for growing businesses
- The third annual business conference for city growth
- The ‘Cell Block’ business incubator development
- The ‘Phoenix’ scheme to encourage investment of banks
- A comprehensive and updated matrix of development sites
- The development of a Destination Marketing Partnership
- Promotion of Apprenticeships
- A second Passion for Portsmouth survey
- A ‘Business Festivities’ programme to promote opportunities in the city
If you would like to become involved with the Shaping Portsmouth initiative then please contact us at email@example.com or 023 92841075.
Rate this page
'Rate this page' should only be used to submit feedback for a page. Please use the ' Contact us' page to report any issues.