Portsmouth has quick and convenient links with London, the rest of the UK and the continental Europe by road, railway and sea. This infrastructure ensures business links with the fast growing global market.
- 4 mainline railway stations link directly to the rest of UK.
- The direct and fast rail link with London takes one and a half hours.
- Portsmouth has a direct link with London via A3 and with Southampton via M27.
- National Express coaches operate frequently between Portsmouth and other major destinations in the UK.
- Greyhound buses run between Portsmouth and London with a journey time of under 2 hours.
- Both London Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport are within 70 miles (112 km) and in easy reach via rail and bus services.
- Southampton International Airport is only 22 miles (35 km) away and provides flight services to the rest of UK, Channel Islands, French and Dutch destinations.
- Portsmouth Continental Ferry Port is the UK's second busiest and the premier ferry port for the western Channel. The port serves more destinations than any other UK ferry port, with combined sailings to Caen, Cherbourg, Le Havre, St Malo, Bilbao, Guernsey and Jersey. The M275 motorway runs right to the port entrance and Portsmouth is the only UK ferry port with this facility.
- Local ferries make it easy to travel to neighbouring Gosport, Hayling Island and Isle of Wight.