Units at Portsmouth City Council's three Enterprise Centres are all let on an 'easy-in, easy-out' licence agreement, to make it straightforward for business start-ups.
- sign a monthly licence agreement
- pay a deposit equal to one month’s rent plus £100.00
- complete a direct debit mandate and customer questionnaire for future rent and charges
- furnish the unit to your own requirements
- arrange for a telephone to be connected.
When your business has expanded and you’re ready to either move to a larger unit with the enterprise centres or move into larger accommodation within Portsmouth City Council stock or the private sector, the licence agreement can be terminated by simply giving one month’s written notice.
The licence fee includes:
- water rates
- repair and maintenance
- 24 hour CCTV coverage
- disposal of waste generated on site
- 24 hour access
- postal delivery and collection
- free car parking.
Meeting room hire and secretarial services are also available, as detailed below.
The only other charges, billed monthly, are for electricity (which is metered) and business rates. Small business rates relief is available on application, subject to certain conditions.