There’s always something to do in Portsmouth, so what better way to launch our 2024 visitor guide at Christmas than with the help of some of the stars of this year’s panto season?
Some of the key characters from the cast of Hook from the Kings Theatre are joining the council’s Visit Portsmouth team to launch the new visitor guide, as well as new mini guides in a range of languages for overseas visitors.
Hook is just one of the four (yes four) pantomimes running throughout December, helping to make Portsmouth the perfect place for seasonal fun this year.
Audiences can also enjoy Aladdin at the New Theatre Royal, Rapunzel at Portsmouth Guildhall and Puss in Boots at Groundlings Theatre. Whatever panto takes your fancy, tickets are available to book now.
It’s also a great time to visit the city’s many world-class attractions for less and there’s lots of family-friendly activities taking place:
- Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard is offering a 30% discount for people living in PO and SO postcodes
- The D-Day Story is offering a 40% discount during December (voucher required).
- Spinnaker Tower continues its year-round offer for local residents
- Visit Father Christmas, available to book at Portsmouth Museum and Art Gallery, Spinnaker Tower and Cascades
- Get into the festive spirit with a glide around the ice rink in Guildhall Square, open every day until 7 January, except Christmas Day
- Treat yourself at the Winter Lodge at the Queens Hotel or visit the Cathedral and Hotwalls Studios in Old Portsmouth
Cllr Pitt, Leader of the Council with responsibility for culture, will join the Hook cast next week to launch the visitor guide. He said: “I’m delighted to be launching our new visitor guides, which showcase just what a fantastic place Portsmouth is to visit.
“This Christmas there is so much going on in our city. Whether you’re doing your Christmas shopping, going to one of the fabulous pantos, or visiting a famous attraction, there really is something for everyone to enjoy.”
Portsmouth has Christmas shopping covered with outlet bargains ready and waiting at Gunwharf Quays. There you can visit the Christmas Village and have a go at curling.
Visit Commercial Road for other high street names. Plus, the Portsmouth Creates market is in Cascades shopping centre on Saturday and Sunday, 9 and 10 December.
And visit Southsea for more independent offers, with a selection of market days for great gifting ideas.
Stuck for what to buy a loved one? Tickets to the Victorious Festival, in summer 2024, would make an excellent Christmas present.
There are more great ideas on how to spend your time this season at www.visitportsmouth.co.uk