This is the latest information we have. We are working hard to bring you the most up-to-date information through the day, in a rapidly-changing situation.
Storm Eunice remains a major incident, after the Met Office upgraded its weather warning.
Extremely strong winds with gusts of up to 80 miles per hour are expected across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight today.
The Met Office have issued a red weather warning from 10am until 3pm, with the expectation of significant disruption and dangerous conditions.
The Environment Agency have also issued flood warnings and alerts in coastal areas.
The city council, emergency services, our neighbour authorities, National Highways and other voluntary and statutory agencies are all on stand-by to put well-rehearsed plans into place.
Key advice includes:
- Do not travel unless absolutely necessary. If you do need to go on the roads, give yourself extra time and drive carefully
- Keep up to date with the latest forecast and bulletins from travel operators
- Avoid coastal areas due to anticipated large waves and spray, take note of warning signs and be aware of the tides
- Follow the latest information from relevant agencies for the latest on any flooding, power cuts, school closures and travel disruption
- In an emergency where there is an immediate risk to life, call 999
You can sign up for free flood warnings and can keep up to date with the latest situation at gov.uk/check-flood-risk, call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or follow @EnvAgency on Twitter for the latest flood updates.
For a tree or other serious obstruction on a road in Portsmouth, please call our contractor Colas on 023 9231 0900 or report it to us.
To report a power cut, you can call 105, which will take you to your local electricity network operator.
Tomorrow, we plan to collect rubbish and recycling from roads that did not get collected today, so please place your bins out ready for 7am.
Communal recycling collections which were due today will be completed tomorrow.
We aim to complete food waste collections from roads that did not get collected today on Monday morning. Please place your food waste caddies out ready for 7am for collection.
- Covid testing sites are closed.
- The tip (HRWC) at Port Solent is closed, and customers with bookings have been notified. If you have a booking for today, you will be able to attend the site on Saturday or Sunday instead, just take along your booking confirmation as proof.
- The council has recommended that schools take the precautionary measure of closing. The actual decision to close is one for schools and trusts to make.
- Anyone who needs shelter is being are being offered accommodation under our severe weather emergency protocol.
- Portsmouth Museum and Art Gallery, The D-Day Story, Cumberland House Natural History Museum and the Info Point at the Hard are closed.
- Libraries are also closed, including the mobile library. Library items can be renewed online.
- Voi rental e-scooters – the fleet has been put to sleep while a red alert is in place
Storm Eunice will lead to dangerous driving conditions for vulnerable vehicles with exceptional sidewinds and wind-blown debris with essential travel only advised.
Please check with your transport operator before you need to travel.