Following the announcement that every adult will be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the end of December, we have been working closely with our colleagues in the NHS as they work hard to increase capacity to deliver the booster vaccination programme.
From Monday 20 December, the number of available booster appointments will have significantly increased in Portsmouth. This is thanks to:
- increased capacity at St. James’s Hospital vaccination centre
- four new vaccination centres at GP practices in the city
- continued support from pharmacies commissioned by NHS England to deliver the COVID booster (Goldchem and Laly’s)
- a Hospital Hub Plus at the Oasis Centre at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
Appointments will be added to the NHS national booking service. To book an appointment, visit the NHS online booking service or call 119. You may also be contacted by your GP practice – please do not contact your practice to ask for an appointment but wait to be contacted.
Please cancel your appointment online if you get your booster vaccination through a walk-in option prior to your booked appointment date. Please also cancel or rebook your appointment if you are unable to attend or need to delay, for example if you test positive for coronavirus.
We will continue to update our COVID webpage and social media channels as soon as more information is available. You might also find the following links useful:
- NHS National Booking Service
- Prime Minister’s address to the nation on 12 December 2021
- Hampshire, Southampton and Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group vaccination sites
If you’ve not had your first or second dose of the vaccination, it’s not too late – you can book now or attend a walk-in clinic.