Media centreLast updated: 15 January 2013 15:43
Portsmouth City Council's on-duty media officer can help answer your media enquiries
Contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 023 9268 8073.
Alternatively, post your written enquiry to:
Portsmouth City Council
3rd Floor, Civic Offices
Freedom of Information enquiries should be directed to our FoI team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our policy for dealing with the media
Our Corporate Communications Team is the first port of call for all media enquiries. Our Media Centre aims to help you by providing information about Portsmouth and the council's work in particular.
We will either respond to your enquiry direct, or arrange interviews with councillors and officers for you. Our media policy is to be:
- open, honest, transparent and proactive
- helpful to the media in facilitating photographic opportunities, interviews and other reasonable requests
Our Corporate Communications Team will:
- respond as quickly and effectively as possible to your enquiry
- promote our brand and reputation
- abide by data protection and other laws concerning the rights of our residents, and our staff as employees
- respect the confidential nature of information which is retained by the council on individual cases or which is commercially sensitive
Please find below some useful facts and links to get you started:
- We have installed around 9,700 new street lights – with brighter, more energy-efficient lamps – since 2004 throughout the city.
- Portsmouth and Duisburg, Germany have been twinned since 1950.
- Portsmouth City Council’s housing service has installed over 4,400 new kitchens in its properties since 2005.
- You can find out about the quality of the air in Portsmouth with PORTAIR.
- We have resurfaced about 1,330,300 square metres of road – enough to stretch from Portsmouth to Paris – since 2004.
- We have refurbished about 445,000 square metres of pavement – enough to stretch from Portsmouth to London – since 2004.
- Around 97 per cent of pupils starting school in September 2010 got their first or second choice of school.
- Portsmouth is always in need of more foster carers - visit www.fosterportsmouth.co.uk to find out more about available opportunities.
Other useful media informationPortsmouth City Council - key people
Councillors by surname