Creating sustainable communitiesLast updated: 11 August 2011 15:24
Our objective is to develop housing based community sustainability practices and initiatives. Examples of what we do:
- Coordinate work on housing sustainability across the council.
- Contribute to discussions about good housing design and place-shaping.
- Deliver environmental sustainability training to residents to enable them to promote and advise on sustainability issues.
- Work with the Neighbourhood Management team and housing providers to promote community involvement in environmentally sustainable practices.
- Enable sustainable community management of the John Pounds Centre for the good of the whole community.
- Initiate new approaches to service delivery, e.g. the arts and well-being project and green travel plans.
- Create pilot projects to explore current issues, e.g. approaches to existing housing improvement.