Emergency newsLast updated: 21 January 2013 13:33
If Portsmouth is affected by adverse weather conditions this page will be regularly updated to alert you to potential school and road closures.
Week commencing Monday 19 January 2013
Portsmouth school closures
- There are currently no reported school closures in Portsmouth
Portsmouth road closures
- There are currently no reported road closures in Portsmouth
- Domestic refuse and recycling collections are taking place as normal from today, Monday 21 January. Catch-up collections for those missed on Friday were carried out on Saturday, will continue on Monday and should be complete by Tuesday. For more detailed information please check our latest waste collection updates. Collections are still subject to change if weather conditions worsen.
- The Portsmouth Recycling Centre at Port Solent is now open as usual
- Please follow the links for First and Stagecoach for updates on bus services in Portsmouth
- Please visit the South West Trains update page for more information on revised train services
Snow and ice
Portsmouth's mild coastal climate means that we normally escape severe snow falls, so ice is usually the major winter problem facing residents and visitors. Please follow the link for more information and advice regarding snow and ice on the roads or check the FAQ.
Follow the link for more information on flooding in Portsmouth.