LivingLast updated: 27 November 2013 08:11 UK
We are here to help the residents of Portsmouth with all aspects of their day-to-day life in the city. We want our communities to be healthy, clean, safe and supportive for every one of our residents - truly a city of which we can be proud.
- Council tax, housing benefit and council tax benefit.
- Community Wardens, community centres, play and youth services.
- Libraries, local events and sports clubs.
- Parks, gardens and open spaces, play areas and allotments.
- Crime, anti-social behaviour and drugs under crime.
- Planning for emergencies such as floods and snow.
- Environmental and public protection, pest control, recycling & rubbish collections by postcode and trading standards.
- Parking, roadworks and travel.
- Adult social care, foster care, and support for carers.
- Council residents and leaseholders, home safety, sheltered housing and help with accommodation.
- Licensing for street entertainment , hackney carriage and private hire taxis.
- Registering births and deaths and civil marriages.
- Schools, admissions and becoming a governor.
- Working in Portsmouth , business opportunities and Portsmouth regeneration.
- Planning, building control and conservation.