Temporary job registerLast updated: 07 October 2013 11:43 UK
Our successful internal job register provides short-term temporary work in a wide variety of areas across the council.
We also supply temporary staff to other councils, such as Fareham, Gosport and Havant Borough council.
Have you got skills we could put to good use?
- flexible and adaptable?
- do you have any office or administrative experience?
- can you demonstrate good literacy and numeracy skills?
- are you confident with IT packages such as Word, Excel, databases and email?
- will you undertake any assignment that you have been assessed as suitable for?
If so, then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
What's in it for you?
- opportunity to work in local government - we're one of the largest employers in Portsmouth
- strengthen and develop your skills through interesting and varied assignments
- safe working environment
- competitive rates of pay
- accrue holiday pay as you work
- paid bank holidays, if you're in an assignment at the time.
What to do next
If you think you have the right skills and experience to join us, complete both the application form and the recruitment information form below. If you do decide to apply, it's important that you are available at short notice, because assignments become available daily.
Return them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're what we're looking for, we'll invite you for a registration interview. If we're unable to use your experience and skills, we will write and let you know.You may need to have a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check for some assignments.
For more information phone 023 9268 8184 or write to the internal agency manager, reruitment, learning and development at Portsmouth City Council Civic Offices in Guildhall Square, PO1 2QA.